Getting Started with Citrix XenApp® 7.6: Install, configure, and support your XenApp systems with the power of Citrix XenApp
Install, configure, and support your XenApp systems with the power of Citrix XenApp
About This Book
- Familiarize yourself with Citrix applications and desktop virtualization
- Maintain and troubleshoot your XenApp environment to minimize system downtime
- A hands-on, step-by-step guide with a practical approach and real-world examples to get you up and running with XenApp systems
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for IT administrators and consultants who want to build application and desktop virtualization solutions for their employers and customers. No prior knowledge of Citrix technologies is required.
What You Will Learn
- Make the use case for Citrix XenApp and design your first system
- Prepare your existing IT infrastructure for XenApp and learn what licenses you need
- Install and configure the XenApp infrastructure
- Enable access with StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway
- Enable load balancing with NetScaler
- Maintain servers and publish applications and desktops
- Manage printing in a Citrix environment
- Troubleshoot your environment using advanced tools and methodologies employed by Citrix Escalation Teams
If you want to effectively deploy the various components of Citrix XenApp to create an enterprise environment for application and desktop delivery, this hands-on guide is perfect for you. You start off by understanding the need and benefits of Citrix XenApp with respect to Virtualization technology. After this, you will get to grips with the requirement analysis and designing aspect of building XenApp systems and all the necessary installation and configuration procedures for Citrix XenApp, StoreFront and NetScalar Gateway are explained one by one in detail.
Step-by-step, you will learn to deploy your first XenApp with the Machine Creation Services method and Provisioning Services method. After this, you will explore the administering part of applications and systems, followed by printing in the XenApp environment. Next, you will learn all the trips and tricks required to troubleshoot and support the XenApp environment. By the end of this book, you will be ready to go live with your new XenApp environment.
Style and approach
This is a step-by-step guide to technical implementations in a conversational and easy-to-follow style. Each component is deployed sequentially until a full solution is built. Basic as well as advanced features of the product are explored to appeal to the widest possible audience interested in the topic.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
Storytown: Benchmark Assessments Teacher Edition Grade 2 1st edition by HARCOURT SCHOOL PUBLISHERS (2006)
Natural Monopoly and Universal Service: Telephones and Telegraphs in the U.S. Communications Infrastructure, 1837-1940 (History of Infrastructure)